Saturday 15 June 2013

A walk in the wild... Britain?

Okay, so-far all my blogs have sort of centred around foreign wildlife, but that's not to say that there is nothing to see in our good old UK! Yesterday I took a lovely little walk just up around my house and took my camera with me. I didn't stop and wait for the wildlife, but just snapped what I saw around me (I had my dog with me so had little hope of anything coming up to me)! It just goes to show you don't have to travel a million miles to see some wildlife. Take a look at the photographs I took and be inspired to get yourself out and see what you can :) 

A nice little patch of wild flowers in my back garden

This butterfly practically posed for me to take a photo! 

This little guy fluttered about but I finally caught up with him 

I loved this one because from a distance it just looked like a little blue flower... Oh how the eye deceives! 

This Peregrine Falcon swept over my head and I only just had time to catch a quick picture before it dashed off again.
I thought it was a Kestrel but was corrected by my step-mother when I got home... A rare sighting in this area!  

I was really chuffed to capture this photo... My dog had dashed off ahead so I managed to sneak up close enough to capture it on alert. 

Crows might be a common sight in the UK, but it's lovely to see them out in the open. This was one of a pair - the monogamous birds will usually be found together. 
Okay... not wildlife... But see how Honey loves to be out and about!?

So okay, it's not lions and elephants but I couldn't believe the excitement I actually felt getting out with my camera just around the UK. And if this is what I got on a casual walk with my dog, imagine what you can see if you actively search out the wildlife and sit and wait! 
Hopefully that blog is to come soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment